tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew R Feller" <afel...@lsu.edu>
Subject Configuring Tomcat 5.5 to use unicast membership discovery
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:25:33 GMT
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to configuring Tomcat 5.5 to use unicast for the
membership discovery mechanism rather than multicast?

I have read through both the Tomcat Clustering/Session Replication
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html) and
Configuration Reference
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/index.html), but the
only examples presented use multicasting.  The reason I ask is because
we need to replicate between three sites where one of the sites isn't
within the campus network making multicasting difficult.

Thank you for the assistance,

Andrew R Feller, Analyst

Subversion Administrator

University Information Systems