tomcat-users mailing list archives

From randy hoffman <randy_hoff...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.13 Application Context Clustering
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:06:50 GMT
Hi,
I can't seem to get application context clustering to work using a context.xml file inside
of my webapp's META-INF directory.  Tomcat seems to ignore the className="org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext"
parameter inside my Context element in the context.xml.  However, session replication does
work, so clustering is working.
Here is the context.xml:
<Context className="org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext"
         distributable="true"
         swallowOutput="true"
         reloadable="true">
</Context>

If i create the context xml file as $CATALINA_BASE/conf/EngineName/Hostname/app.xml, it works
fine session and application replication together.  Any idea why there would be a restriction
on using the class name parameter in the app/META-INF/context.xml file?

Thanks!

Randy