tomcat-users mailing list archives

From syg6 <>
Subject Re: Programmatically stop/start context (webapp)
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:57:18 GMT

In the end it turns out I was using the wrong MBean. Well, wrong in that, as
one user pointed out, shutting down a Host means shutting down every context
in that Host. In my case I only have one host but even so, after calling the
stop() method on the Host MBean, I was unable to re-start it by calling

Using JConsole and MC4J (and tips from other users) I finally found the
correct MBean:

I found this MBean using MC4J under MBean : Catalina : J2EEServer : J2EE
Application : WebModule. I guess in the Tomcat MBean world a WebModule is a
Context. At any rate, I am now able to call both start() and stop() on this
MBean and my webapp starts and stops accordingly.

Many thanks for everyone's patience and help!

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message