tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mrkmrk <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.9 memory problems
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:01:59 GMT

We're using Tomcat 5.5.9 embedded in JBoss 4.0.2 as a server supplying pdf

The Servlet contains a map of entries <id, pdf byte[]>
Entries are removed if a memory threshold is exceeded.

The problem is that the map contains fewer and fewer entries as time goes
It seems that Tomcat caches previously used byte[] in objects of the type
org.apache.util.buf.ByteChunk. These objects are again contained in
OutputBuffers and IntermediateOutputStreams. These objects take more and
more space thus leaving less room for the entries in the map.

How do I get Tomcat to remove these objects from its internal cache?

Best regards,
Morten Knudsen

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: