tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Peremsky <mperem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cookie Rookie - cannot delete session cookie
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:56:31 GMT
Ding!

  Thanks to all who repsonded. I had already implemented all that everyone else had suggested,
but the one item I overlooked was resetting the path in the remove method of my cookie class
to match when it was created.

  Thanks you for making my friday A LOT brighter!

Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:

On 1 Jun 2007, at 14:48, Mike Peremsky wrote:

> I am pretty new to cookies and am having an issue. I create a
> cookie in my servlet and write it to the response to last the
> lifetime of the session (duration = -1). When the user clicks the
> logout button I find the cookie, reset the duration to 0 then re-
> add the cookie to the response. But when I look at the browser
> cookies the cookie is still there and is listed as a cookie lasting
> the lifetime of the session. From what I read in the API there is
> nothing to directly remove a cookie from a session, I can only
> write it with a duration of 0. So, why is the cookie still in the
> session? How can I get rid of it?

Did you make sure the cookie you reset is using the correct path? The
path has to match, not only the domain.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com