tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Where to find session cookies
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:50:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:53 PM
Subject: RE: Where to find session cookies

> From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]
> Subject: Re: Where to find session cookies
>
> True, although I dont know how to make Tomcat do that, nor do
> I think it should be done, they must expire, or else with time
> his Tomcat will run out of memory.

???

Why do you think Tomcat will run out of memory?  Cookies are inserted
into responses, maintained by the client and returned on subsequent
requests.  Unless a webapp is keeping track of them for some esoteric
reason, there's no memory consumed once a request has been processed and
the response sent.

---
I think they actually referring to Session cookies, and making Tomcat never
timeout a session.
So I think that if attributes and session beans never ever die, they will
eventually amass a major amount of memory.... in the ops first question he
was asking about session timeouts... and making them last forever.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.