tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: 404 message when trying to test a servlet
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 01:06:24 GMT

"Dean" <dwagstaff@nctv.com> wrote in message
news:9B.C0.08653.55DC8564@mxo5.broadbandsupport.net...
> Greetings,
>

> I suspect the class file may be in the wrong directory.  I get the message
> /basic-servlet/servlet/CurrencyConverter  , which is confusing in that the
> class file is in the following directory C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\basic-servlet\WEB-INF\classes.  The html
> page
> is being found ok but when I do a submit and it tries to bring up the
> servlet I get the above.

The invoker servlet has been disabled in the default config for ages
(because it is evil :).  You can enable it at your own risk in conf/web.xml,
but that isn't recommended.  Use an explicit servlet-mapping instead.

Having classes in the default package will prevent you from upgrading later
on.  You really should put your class in a package.