tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zdeněk Vráblík" <zde...@vrablik.org>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC connection Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 12:19:00 GMT
Hi all thanks for help,

There is problem in admin web application id doesn't show oracle datasources.

I expected to see this datasource as other datasources in this admin
console (localhost:8080/admin). I tried to use that pool  and it works

The ojdbc14_g.jar is same as ojdbc14.jar but has debug informations inside.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
Zdenek

On 5/15/07, Propes, Barry L <barry.l.propes@citi.com> wrote:

> Hi Rashmi,
>
> thans for reply.
>
> I think that ojdbc14.jar is newer version of oracle drivers  and it
> works fine with standard datasource factory
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory and
> javax.sql.DataSource. It stops work when I use oracle datasource
> factory
>  factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory" and datasource type
> type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource".
> Thanks.
> Zdenek
>

> Not sure about if it's the newer version, I think ojdbc14_g.jar is the newer version,
actually, which you need for connection pooling/JNDI.