tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zdeněk Vráblík" <zde...@vrablik.org>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC connection Tomcat 5.5
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 21:58:36 GMT
Hi Rashmi,

thans for reply.

Configuration that is described in link you sent me works fine.
Problem is when I change
the datasource factory to Oracle datasource factory. Than is not
possible to find this datasource through JNDI lookup and this
connection disappear from admin console.

I think that ojdbc14.jar is newer version of oracle drivers  and it
works fine with standard datasource factory
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory and
javax.sql.DataSource. It stops work when I use oracle datasource
factory
 factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory" and datasource type
type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource".

What I need is any solution how get OracleConnection instead of
Connection to use.
Do I miss any parameter in resource configuration?
<Resource name="sisPool"
           auth="Container"
           type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
           factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
           username="USER_51319"
           password="USER_51319"
           driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
           url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.119:1521:orcl"
           maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxwait="-1"/>

Thanks.
Zdenek