tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zdeněk Vráblík" <zde...@vrablik.org>
Subject Oracle JDBC connection Tomcat 5.5
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 17:41:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am configuring jdbc datasources on Tomcat 5.5.23.

I followed this document to configure orcle database with Tomcat
http://www.microdeveloper.com/html/JNDI_Orcl_Tomcat1p.html

I am not able to see datasource in web admin.
datasource configuration:

<Resource name="sisPool"
          auth="Container"
          type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
          factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
          username="USER_51319"
          password="USER_51319"
          driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
          url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.119:1521:orcl"
          maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxwait="-1"/>

Everything works fine with this configuration:
<Resource name="sisPool"
          auth="Container"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource"
		  factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
          username="USER_51319"
          password="USER_51319"
          driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"  or
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
          url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.119:1521:orcl"
          maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxwait="-1"/>

I need get OracleConnection instead of Connection.

There is not any error or exception in log files.
I have ojdbc14.jar in common/lib directory.
I am able to use even Oracle JGeometry objects with common Connection,
but I need OracleConnection.

My configuration:
Windows XP,
JDK  5_09
Tomcat 5.5.23
Oracle 10G 10.2.0.1

Do you have any idea, what I am doing wrong?
How could I get any error or exception? Logs in tomcat/logs dirrectory
are correct. I have there only info outputs from my test application.

Thanks.

Regards,
Zdenek Vrablik