tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <>
Subject Tomcat hprof empty file
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 12:18:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am running Tomcat 5.5.23 on a Win32 platform as an NT Service, with the
native DLL.

I am experiencing the CPU spinning at 100% in our production environment,
which is not something I have seen in our dev or staging env.  In order to
determine the problem area, I have tried running Tomcat with hprof using the
following JVM option:

I am setting this in the Java options tab of the Windows service dialog.  I
get a java.hprof.txt file created in the root tomcat directory, but there is
nothing in it other than the standard intro text.

This works when I run tomcat locally within eclipse (same tomcat version);
but when running in production I get no data!

This is really frustrating as I can't fix the CPU problem because I can't
identify it.