tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tomi N/A" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent: PermGen memory leak in a NetBeans developed tomcat application
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 13:34:16 GMT
2007/5/16, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
> Tomi,
>
> Increasing Perm Gen size is normal, as long as it goes down again when
> it reaches the max and gets collected. The max depends on jvm version,
> possibly on server type and of course your startup options. 64MB default
> is not uncommon.

I used JConsole just now and it seems stable...I'm bombarding tomcat with
touch myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
every 10 seconds (to reload the app) and
wget localhost:8080/myapp/faces/apage.jsp
every 2 seconds.
It seems stable here...but then again, it was never a problem on my
devel machine: it's a problem at my hosting server.
I don't even see any "...GeneratedMethodAccessor..." lines in the logs
here (well, not related to this problem, anyway).

Thank you both for the quick reply: I'd appreciate further ideas if
there are some.

Cheers,
t.n.a.