tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <>
Subject Re: Installer including web application and tomcat
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 09:54:49 GMT
I just did exactly the same for some of our international clients,
that do not have internet-access / slow internet-connections.

However, I did that for windows only.

The procedure as follows:

- I used a free installer (google for InnoSetup), you can also choose
your preferred cross-platform-installer, if you like

- Unpack tomcat (the installation-zip or tar) to the

- change, if you like, the port from 8080 to 80

- move your war-archives to $catalina_home/webapps

- as a database, I used memory-based HSQLDB since it doesn't require
an additional JVM and it's pretty easy to include it as a bundle into
tomcat - just another jar-archive

- pack Tomcat and your database it with the installer-program

- tell the installer-program to run $catalina_home/bin/service.bat to
install Tomcat as a service, in case you're running windows

- tell your installer to create some nice start-menue-entries like
"your app -> http://localhost/yourapp"

That's it so far.

gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2
gpgp-key available @

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: