tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hakan.Bari...@alcatel-lucent.com.au
Subject synchronizing Tomcat start and axis web service application start.
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 23:20:12 GMT

Hi

I am trying to find a config point or some mechanism   where I can  make
Tomcat   to
start ( not just load ) my  axis web service application.

As the component initialization during startup for my application will
take some time
(2 minutes),

I   want Tomcat to handle incoming requests with indication that
application is not
 available.

I know  that I can use  application level monitor defined in application's
web.xml  but
application start will not be triggered  by Tomcat startup but  first
request.

I appreciate if you could suggest me a way to synchronize  Tomcat start
and application
start.

Regards

Hakan

This email may contain privileged/confidential information. You may not copy or disclose this
email to anyone without the written permission of the sender.  If you have received this email
in error please kindly delete this message and notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this
email are those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of the employer.

This email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses.  No liability will
be accepted by the employer for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) as a
result of email transmission.