tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Roy" <m...@nuwave-tech.com>
Subject How to get authenticated user's DirContext from JNDIRealm?
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 20:26:54 GMT

I'm using the JNDIRealm to connect to LDAP for user authentication. It's
working great. (I'm using Tomcat 5.0)

My question is: Is there a way for my .jsp to get more information about the
authenticated user, e.g. email address or other attributes stored in the
directory? In other words, is there a way to get the DirContext of the
authenticated user? Lacking that, is there a way to get the user's
distinguished name?

Or, do I have to add my own code to do another search+bind+lookup on the
user returned from request.getAuthUser()?

Thanks,
Mark