tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Edelstein, David" <Dedelst...@AKF-ENG.com>
Subject FW: Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in Windows 2000 Server.
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 19:24:52 GMT
Thanks for the reply Chuck. The network admin just gave me a new user to
run-it under, and now the log-files are back in Tomcat 5.5/logs. I
didn't get into it too much with him, but seemed to be some kind of
access privileges issue. Thanks again.

David Edelstein, P.E.
AKF Engineers LLP
1501 Broadway, Suite 700
New York, NY 10036
dedelstein@akf-eng.com
P: 212-354-5656
F: 212-354-5668

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 2:39 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in Windows
2000 Server.

> From: Edelstein, David [mailto:Dedelstein@AKF-ENG.com]
> Subject: Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in
> Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Since doing this I can not find the log files anywhere,
> nothing is being generated under Tomcat 5.5/logs in the
> local directory 'c:/'

Just a guess, with no data to back it up:

Browse through the "C:\Documents and Settings" subdirectory for the
admin userid that Tomcat is now running with.  These files and
directories may be marked as system and/or hidden, so be sure whatever
tool you're using is set to display those.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.