tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC connection Tomcat 5.5
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:00:06 GMT
make sure the driver is ok first e.g.
import java.sql.*;

Properties props = new Properties();
String c_sUserNameKey="username";
String c_sPasswordKey="password";
String c_sDBURL ="jdbc:oracle:thin:@";
String c_sDriverName ="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver";

//Instantiate driver
Driver c_Driver=null;
try
{
   c_Driver = (Driver)Class.forName( c_sDriverName ).newInstance();
}
catch(SQLException sqle)
{
 System.out.println("Cannot instantiate driver ..is it right version..is it
on classpath?");
 return;
}
//make sure Oracle listenet is operational (netstat -a | grep 1521)
//make SURE Oracle DB is up and listening (tnsping SID) returns successful
//make sure you acquire the username/password to establish connection to
oracle db
//place username,password into properties
props.put( c_sUserNameKey, c_sDBUser );
props.put( c_sPasswordKey, c_sDBPassword );

//Get a connection
try
{
    Connection = c_Driver.connect( c_sDBURL, props );
}
catch ( SQLException sqlex )
{
            System.out.println( "Error connecting to database", sqlex );
            return;
 }

//should get you started..
M--