tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: TomCat users' list, forum or documentation ?
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 14:36:27 GMT
Good Morning Sven

Didnt necessarily want to push you to a Apache solution but considering
these (albeit dated) tests
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200308.mbox/%3C3F34230F.1020900@ait-web.com%3E
demonstrates that for situations for serving small static pages Apache does
serve small pages faster

YMMV!
Martin--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven" <TomCat@mail.grenander.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:57 AM
Subject: Re: TomCat users' list, forum or documentation ?

Stephen,

On May 11, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Stephen Caine wrote:

> Sorry I misunderstood you.  I wish you luck.

No problem,  I was probably not as clear as I should have been.

To close out the thread; I switched over from JForum to phpBB this
morning. After about 2-3 hours I had it up and running and now have
some 25+ forums ready for traffic.

Back to more mundane challenges :-)

Thanks to all for the suggestions !

-Sven

"A prince who is not himself wise cannot be wisely advised…
good advice depends on the shrewdness of the prince who seeks it."

- Machiavelli, The Prince