tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat-Question: Inefficient searching for jsp-files?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:03:34 GMT
Thomas--
I see this thread from
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=571322&messageID=2827943

here's what sonny says to do...keep in mind this is a TOMCAT group and not
IIS group

You could use the free installer, it seems to work for some people. heres
the link...
http://www.shiftomat.com/opensource/

----- OR ------

If you choose not to use the installer...

Assuming IIS and tomcat is up and running.

1. download the connector: (Zip file)
http://apache.roweboat.net/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk2/binaries/win32/

2. Unzip the folder: you will see three folders: bin, conf, and doc

3. Move the two files in the bin directory ( install4iis.js and
isapi_redirector2.dll ) TO the bin folder of the tomcat installation.

4. You may need to download this :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86e
b-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en
from microsoft, or you may not have to. try typing cscript in you command
line, and see if it recognizes it. ( if the link doesn't work for some
reason: search google for scripten.exe )

5. you can modify the workers file thats in the conf folder or use the one I
have.
These uri mapping are telling IIS to send these to tomcat. ( you will have
to modify the uri to match your applications, and tomcat installation
location). Save it as workers.properties in the conf directory of the tomcat
installation.

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers.
file=C:\Tomcat\logs\jk2.shm
size=1048576
# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.
[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=JSP examples, map requests for all JSP pages to Tomcat.
#context=/jsp-examples

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
info=Servlet examples, map requests for all servlets to Tomcat.
#context=/servlets-examples

[uri:/MySite/*]
info=Test Site

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status:

6. Open command prompt and go to the bin directory (cd to it) of the tomcat
installation (where you put the two files). Your command prompt should look
something like..

C:\Tomcat\bin>

7. Type

cscript install4iis.js

This Installs the vitural directory and adds registery enteries. You can
look at the vitural directory it added by opening your iis admin tool.

8. Thas all. You will have to restart IIS and tomcat.

Sometimes its a good idea to know how things are actually done, because when
you need to change something you know exactly where to go and how to do. ;)

Thanks Sonny!

HTH
Martin--