tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Hoffman" <>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.13 issue with web.xml generated by Eclipse
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 16:27:39 GMT
I allow Eclipse to generate and update my web.xml file for me as part of a dynamic web project.
When it generates the web.xml, it uses project facets to add namespaces to my web.xml file
as below:

<web:web-app xmlns:xsi="" xmlns=""
xmlns:web="" xsi:schemaLocation="" id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">

I found that this causes Tomcat to be unable to load the project, returning the following

May 28, 2007 11:07:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: |CONFIG_LISTEN_CLASS|
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(

It seems I would need to change something in Tomcat to allow it to handle the web.xml context
above. Any help would be appreciated.