tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Hoffman" <mikevox...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.13 issue with web.xml generated by Eclipse
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 16:27:39 GMT
I allow Eclipse to generate and update my web.xml file for me as part of a dynamic web project.
When it generates the web.xml, it uses project facets to add namespaces to my web.xml file
as below:

<web:web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_5.xsd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">
<web:servlet>
    <description></description>
    <display-name>TestServ</display-name>
    <web:servlet-name>TestServ</web:servlet-name>
    <web:servlet-class>com.llamabuy.servlet.TestServ</web:servlet-class>
  </web:servlet>

I found that this causes Tomcat to be unable to load the project, returning the following
exception:

May 28, 2007 11:07:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
|CONFIG_LISTEN_CLASS|
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: |CONFIG_LISTEN_CLASS|
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1358)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3770

It seems I would need to change something in Tomcat to allow it to handle the web.xml context
above. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Michael
mikevoxcap@hotmail.com