tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mélanie langlois <>
Subject Loading external url as local
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 01:29:37 GMT

In one of my webpage, one frame is loading an external url, using iframe
tag. The loading process works fine, but I need to access component in this
frame, to launch some actions on them. When I tryed that I get a Permission
denied error, because the iframe is loaded from an external domain tahn my

I tried to used apache server configured as a reverse proxy, to load the
iframe in a way that tomcat thinks it's loaded from local domain.

What i did is in my jsp page, i have iframe

in my apache server conf:
ProxyPass           /externallink http://www.externaldomain/externalpage.asp
ProxyPassReverse   /externallin khttp://www.externaldomain/externalpage.asp

The page is loaded fine in the frame, but i still have the permission denied
error. So it seems that tomcat still sees that it's coming from external
Did i forgot some configuration? Does someone know how to solve this issue ?

Découvrez le Blog heroic Fantaisy d'Eragon!

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message