tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mélanie langlois <melan...@hotmail.fr>
Subject nullpointerexception with standard manager
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 07:20:35 GMT
Hello,

We are running tomcat 5.0.28, and we have a problem with the standardManager
when restarting our application. We have a NullPointerException when the
StandardManager loads a session object.This object has static fields calling
another class method (to obtain the bundles key for some page title).
However, this second class has not been iniatlized yet, and I can see that
the standard Manager initialize this class after. But it's too late, the
NullPointerException makes it impossible to access the index page properly.
We need to restart.
How does the standard manager works ? Does it try to load all static objects
first ?
Why the startup is working fine when the standard manager is not launched
(no session persisted )?

Thanks,

Mélanie