tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lakshmi Venkataraman" <laks...@foundrynet.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Native library on java.library.path ?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 01:46:14 GMT
Recently, I saw a similar problem on Solaris9  with Tomcat 5.5.23.
Then ldd tcnative-1.so revealed that a certain library (in this case,
libgcc.so)  was not in the path.  By adding that library to the path,
Tomcat
stopped complaining about not being able to find the native library.

On windows, download tomcat source files, create an eclipse project with
the tomcat source.
Open Catalina.bat, modify the java command line that starts Tomcat and
add debug options.
DEBUG_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005

Notice suspend=y. This will suspend Tomcat until you attach a debugger.
You can put a break point in Library.java or APRLifeCycleListener.java
and see what is going on.

--Lakshmi

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy.Giunipero@Sun.COM [mailto:Troy.Giunipero@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:52 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat Native library on java.library.path ?

Hello,

I recently installed Apache Tomcat 6.0.10 and have been getting the
following message upon startup:

   INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
   performance in production environments was not found on the
   java.library.path:

On Windows XP, I have the following paths added to the PATH environment
variable:

   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.10\bin;C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.10\lib;%PATH%;

I'm a bit stumped:  Surely the Native library is the
apache-tomcat-6.0.10\lib folder, and surely the java.library.path refers
to PATH.  So what library needs to be added where?

I posted a more in depth question regarding this on jGuru here:

   http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1337110

I've also noticed several other beginners out there with the same or a
similar question.

Please somebody help.  If there's any information I haven't provided
that might clarify an explanation, please let me know and I will respond
asap.

Kind regards,
troy