tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lakshmi Venkataraman" <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5, IPv6, APR, HTTP and HTTPS
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 23:57:11 GMT

My setup: Tomcat 5.5.23, JDK 1.5, WIN XP
I am also using tcnative-1.dll and OpenSSL 0.9.8b
Client browser: IE6, Firefox 1.5 for IPv4
IE7 for IPv6.
I successfully tested Tomcat 5.5.23 by enabling ipV6 without using APR.

If I use tcnative-ipv4.dll (version 1.1.8)
I find that I am able to start Tomcat and other service in the backend.
And my web application comes up in both HTTP and HTTPS mode.

However, if I use tcnative-ipv6.dll (version 1.1.8), Tomcat and other
services start successfully.
My web application  does not come up either in HTTP or HTTPS using ipv4
or ipv6.
Java console shows ClassNotFoundException
 caused by Refused.

Anybody has any clue as to why I am getting the above exception for
both http://localhost and https://localhost using ipv4?
Also http://[3000::211] or https://[3000::211] does not work either in
IE 7.

I also tried tcnative-1.dll (version) 1.1.9. Same problem as
tcnative-ipv6.dll (ver 1.1.8).

I feel there is something missing in my configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help,

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: