tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dean" <dwagst...@nctv.com>
Subject 404 message when trying to test a servlet
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 00:31:20 GMT
Greetings,

I suspect the class file may be in the wrong directory.  I get the message
/basic-servlet/servlet/CurrencyConverter  , which is confusing in that the
class file is in the following directory C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\basic-servlet\WEB-INF\classes.  The html page
is being found ok but when I do a submit and it tries to bring up the
servlet I get the above.

I really appreciate any help you can give.

P.s. when I start tomcat I only get the following messages

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Apache Tomcat/4.1.36-LE-jdk14

I am able to access http://localhost:8080/index.jsp

Sincerely,