tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <teh_nora...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 04:06:02 GMT
Thank you. It's working now, the application can be accessed but when I type a file name to
access a file in the server, I got an error "java.security.AccessControlException:access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission localhost:8080 connect, resolve)". How can I solve this problem?
For your information, I'm now using Windows XP Operating System but I plan to use Linux Fedora
Operaing System later. Is there a difference in accessing the application using different
operating system? Thank you.

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:
  Include the port number in your request -- ie
http://ipaddress:8080/login.html

--David

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've tested my applications using http://localhost:8080/login.html in the same computer
and it works. However, when I tried to acces my applications using an IP Address in another
computer by typing http://ipaddress/login.html, "The page cannot be found" is displayed. How
can I access my applications using IP address? Please help me. Thank you.