tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ROOKIE <vinod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SSO session replication within TC 5.5.23 cluster
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 08:07:15 GMT
Hi,
Can someone please clarify if tomcat 5.5 supports replication of single-sign-on sessions across
cluster members, if so how to configure it ?

Thanks,
Vinod

----- Original Message ----
From: ROOKIE <vinodv26@yahoo.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:20:03 PM
Subject: SSO session replication within TC 5.5.23 cluster

Hi,

I have created a simple TCP cluster of 2 TC 5.5.23 servers and added a Apache 2.2 (mod_proxy)
load balancer in front. Our tomcat has SSO valve enabled.

I wanted to know if TC 5.5.23 supports SSO session replication ?

Googling tells me that a patch was submitted for this, http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/TomcatCluster.html
and even the catalina-cluster.jar has the ClusterSingleSignOn valve. But TC mailing lists
suggest that the support is still not complete.

In any case I have not been able to get it working.

Whenever I use the SSO cookie for authentication I get 401 from all the other cluster members
(except the one who generated the SSO session id).

The requested resource is protected and the UserPrincipal found in the HttpRequest by the
other cluster members is null. I use a customized NTLM authenticator which expects a non-null
UserPrincipal in the HttpRequest if user is already authenticated.

Following is my cluster node in server.xml (embedded in Host node) :

        <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
             clusterName="rooksCluster"
             managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
             expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
             useDirtyFlag="true"
             notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <!--Shared between the whole cluster-->
            <Membership
            className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
            mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
            mcastPort="45564"
            mcastFrequency="500"
            mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <!--Unique listen port for each cluster node-->
            <Receiver
            className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
            tcpListenAddress="auto"
            tcpListenPort="4002"
            tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
            tcpThreadCount="4"/>

            <Sender
            className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
            replicationMode="pooled"
            ackTimeout="15000"
            waitForAck="true"/>

            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
               filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/>

            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.authenticator.ClusterSingleSignOn"
debug="0"/>
            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"
enabled="true" sessionIdAttribute="takeoverSessionid"/>
               <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"
/>
            <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
        </Cluster>

Any ideas why SSO session replication is not working, is it a configuration error or does
TC 5.5.23 not support this.

TIA,

Vinod