tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abdul Qayyum" <qayy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: displaying customized error page in tomcat 5.5.12
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 06:01:15 GMT
Hi Tim Lucia,

>>I'm guessing you can add a global error-page to Tomcat's conf/web.xml, but

>>then it would apply to all apps on the server.  This may or may not work
for
>>you.

This is my target. If my tomcat recieves a context which is not in my
tomcat, it should send customised page.
And this is applicable to all the apps on server. What can be the reason for
it, not working for me?

Please Let me know WHAT IS FRONTING with httpd.  please give me any links if
you have for that.
how to front my tomcat with httpd. Also I do not have any file named
httpd.conf in my tomcat.

Thank you very much.

On 5/16/07, Tim Lucia <timlucia@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In order for the custom error page to be used, the application must be
> deployed.  I.e., Tomcat can give a custom 404 for
> /mycontext/badpagerequested.jsp but if there is no context "/mycontext"
> because the app is not (yet) deployed, Tomcat cannot know about your
> custom
> error page.
>
> I'm guessing you can add a global error-page to Tomcat's conf/web.xml, but
> then it would apply to all apps on the server.  This may or may not work
> for
> you.

If you have fronted Tomcat with httpd, you might be able to use custom error