tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <teh_nora...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using servlet and mysql
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 05:14:23 GMT
Thank you so much for the reply. I've put "jdbc:mysql://localhost:8080/teh but I got the error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I'm very new to using mysql database
and servlet. Can you please explain to me how to create the database name and its fields?
Should I install any driver? How can it be done? Please help. Thank you.

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

Foo Shyn <fooshyn@optegra.com.my> wrote:
  Hi,

yyyy would be ur database port, xxx will be ur database name

HTH
FooShyn

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to access mysql database from a servlet but I'm not sure what to initialize
for the String connectionURL marked as "jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx" in the program below.
I got this program from the internet which I would like to run in my computer. Can anyone
please explain to me what the parameters "yyyy" and "xxx" should be?