tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ben short" <...@benshort.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to monitor Tomcat Server.
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 13:40:53 GMT
I'd still recommend Nagios to do the monitoring, far cheaper than
hiring someone to do the checking 24*7. Also you'll get an instant
notification of when things go bad, rather then in 2 hours time when
someone checks it.

You could setup 2 instances of nagios.. get them to monitor each other
and then also mirror everything that will be monitored onto each of
them. You;ll get two alerts if things go bad, but that's better than
none.

A faq on nagios monitoring tomcat..

http://nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=310