tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manca Davide" <davide.ma...@matrix.it>
Subject tomcat 6 and system property
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 09:54:17 GMT
Hello to everyone in the List,

I have a problem with system property with Tomcat 6.

I have various webapp under various hosts under one Tomcat. I'm trying
to set system-properties for every webapps, I mean that every single
webapp should have one or more system-property. In resin 2 or 3 it is
possible setting them in the webapp web.xml like that:

  <system-property config.filename="/tmp/commenti.config.xml"/>

  <system-property log4j.configuration="file:////tmp/log4j.properties"/>

  <system-property config.location="file" />

I tried the same way in Tomcat 6 but it doesn't see system-properties.

And I cannot use the -D into the Java or Tomcat start command because of
I have a lot of webapps under one Tomcat.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Dave.