tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wang, Ningjun \(LNG-NPV\)" <>
Subject Can't get Session persistence to work using org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 13:40:26 GMT
I try to setup session persistence using database. I created the file
context.xml under the META-INF directory of my WAR file

  <Manager distributable="true"
className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager" debug="5"
    <Store debug="99" className="org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore"
    	 sessionAppCol="App" sessionDataCol="Data" sessionIdCol="Id"
       sessionValidCol="Valid" sessionTable="TomcatSession" />

I have created the database table TomcatSession. When start the Tomcat
server, I always get the following:

INFO  - The database connection is null or was found to be closed.
Trying to re-open it.

Hitting several pages that use session.setAttribute(), the databasse
table is still empty. Nothing is tored in the database.

How can I trouble shooting this problem?

Ningjun Wang
Consulting Software Engineer
LexisNexis Global Solutions Dev
SWFT Solutions Engineering