tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marcus Johansson" <marcus.johans...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL not working on Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 14:46:47 GMT
Hi,

I am running Tomcat 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server box, using Sun JRE 1.5.0_11.
Since I want to have SSL support on my server, I followed the instructions
on

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

first creating a self-signed certificate and then uncommenting the SSL
Connector on port 8443. After a restart of the tomcat service i expected to
have the SSL up and running but alas. When accessing http://localhost:8443

it works fine, hence the connector seems active on the port. But when trying
to access https://localhost:8443 , my IE7 browser stands hanging for a
pretty long while until it declares that the page cannot be opened. No error
messages whatsoever to be found in the tomcat logs.

I have the same problem on another box which runs Windows 2000 Server, all
other things the same. Please help me figure out what is wrong!

Regards

Marcus Johansson