tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comet: problem with request.getParameter() in Comet POST requests
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 12:05:27 GMT
On 5/2/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster@sebster.com> wrote:
> What you seem to want is more in line with the "asynchronous servlet"
> (request, wait, response), which Filip and Remy pointed out is not the
> quite the same as Tomcat's Comet. Ideally, both models would be possible
> through  single unified API, but this is currently not yet the case.

You're misrepresenting certain things. As you can see, it is already
possible to do request, wait, response, but you'll have to wait for an
IO event to free up the memory used by the request processor. It would
seem easy to me to cause the client to disconnect after the request,
as keepalive is probably not extremely useful in this scenario,
producing the event.

Rémy