tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Praveen Balaji <pba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Comet and Async Servlets - Architecture Question
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 04:24:04 GMT

The
last few days I have been evaluating using CometProcessor to work like an
Async Servlet for me. I pick up the CometEvent object on BEGIN event and
process the whole request asynchronously. When I am done, I close the I/O stream.

would like to know what the Tomcat developers and the developers in general
think about this approach. Is it a misuse of the API to process requests
asynchronously, outside of the event method? Are there any issues that I should be cautious
about? Synchronization issues?

Thanks,
Praveen Balaji.