tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ROOKIE <vinod...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC resource with custom connection pool factory
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 08:16:44 GMT
To execute custom code while getting a connection u can extend the connection factory and mention
that class as the factory for ur resource, I dont think we close connections using the factory,
so maybe u can write a wrapper around Connection.close() method.

----- Original Message ----
From: Sorin Juco <jucosorin@gmail.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:11:18 PM
Subject: JDBC resource with custom connection pool factory

Hello,

I want to create a JDBC resource wich represents a connection pool to an
Oracle server. By default Tomcat uses DBCP to provide the connection pool
implementation. My problem is that I want to execute some custom code each
time I get a connection from the pool and also each time I release the
connection back to the pool.
Does this mean that I have to implement my own conn-pool factory? Or can I
do this using DBCP. I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Can someone point me
to a tutorial!

Thanx.