tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Georg Sauer-Limbach <g...@gslweb.de>
Subject Re: Can't seem to get logging to work in Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 21:59:07 GMT
Hi Rob,

check catalina.out, there should be some message of
log4j complaining if it has been loaded but cannot work.

You may also add -Dlog4.debug to the java command line,
this makes log4j output debug messages on stdout.

If you don't see any output of log4j, then I'd suggest
calling java with -verbose:class, this makes java
print information about every class it loads and from
which source it loaded it. Grep for log4j to see if it
is at all loaded.

Georg