tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat stopped logging
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 17:59:38 GMT
Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I'm not even close to that!
> I'm at about 4.7 MB! For the logs anyway...isn't that the directory to which you're referring?
>
> But one thing I do wonder about...seems as if someone had told me one time there was
a finite amount of folders or items that could be in a Windows directory, like 256 for example.
I currently have 253, but I haven't encountered this problem since a few weeks back.

If there is a limit (and I don't think there is except for the root
directory), it's huge; I have several NTFS directories with tens of
thousands of files in them.