tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Foo Shyn <foos...@optegra.com.my>
Subject Re: Using servlet and mysql
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 07:16:45 GMT
Hi,

Is your login name and password correct? It shows 'root' and the
password is 'root' in the code you posted there.

- I put the database name, teh in directory catalina_home\webapps\ROOT\
hmm i can't really get what you meant here.

Thanx.
FooShyn

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>   I already put mysql database driver (jar file) in directory catalina_home\common\lib
and changed 8080 to 3306 but I got the error "java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to
any hosts due to exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect". What
should be the matter? I put the database name, teh in directory catalina_home\webapps\ROOT\.
Is this correct? In which directory should I actually put the database name? Please help.
I'm running out of time! Thank you so much.

>   Yours Sincerely,
>   TEH
>
> Foo Shyn <fooshyn@optegra.com.my> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> You'll need to get the MySQL database driver and put them in the
> {catalina_home}\common\lib folder. The driver can be easily obtained
> through MySQL site.
> BTW, as far as i know, the default port for MySQL database is 3306, so
> you might wanna change that. 8080 is for Tomcat, not the database.
>
> Seems like not many new users of connection pooling went through
> Apache's documents. Please don't waste their effort, take a look at it
> before you start to attempt anything.
>
> HTH,
> FooShyn
>
> Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
>
>> Thank you so much for the reply. I've put "jdbc:mysql://localhost:8080/teh but I
got the error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I'm very new to using
mysql database and servlet. Can you please explain to me how to create the database name and
its fields? Should I install any driver? How can it be done? Please help. Thank you.

>> Yours Sincerely,
>> TEH
>>
>> Foo Shyn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yyyy would be ur database port, xxx will be ur database name
>>
>> HTH
>> FooShyn
>>
>> Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to access mysql database from a servlet but I'm not sure what to
initialize for the String connectionURL marked as "jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx" in the
program below. I got this program from the internet which I would like to run in my computer.
Can anyone please explain to me what the parameters "yyyy" and "xxx" should be?

>>> Yours Sincerely,
>>> TEH
>>>
>>> Following is part of the program:
>>> public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
>>> response) throws ServletException, IOException{
>>> response.setContentType("text/html");
>>> PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter();
>>> String connectionURL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx";
>>> Connection connection=null;
>>> try{
>>> String username = request.getParameter("username");
>>> String password = request.getParameter("password");
>>> pw.println(username);
>>> pw.println(password);
>>> Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
>>> connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, "root", "root");
>>> PreparedStatement pst = connection.prepareStatement
>>> ("insert into login_table values(?,?)");

PM