tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Foo Shyn <foos...@optegra.com.my>
Subject Re: Using servlet and mysql
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 06:06:16 GMT
Hi,

You'll need to get the MySQL database driver and put them in the
{catalina_home}\common\lib folder. The driver can be easily obtained
through MySQL site.
BTW, as far as i know, the default port for MySQL database is 3306, so
you might wanna change that. 8080 is for Tomcat, not the database.

Seems like not many new users of connection pooling went through
Apache's documents. Please don't waste their effort, take a look at it
before you start to attempt anything.

HTH,
FooShyn

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
> Thank you so much for the reply. I've put "jdbc:mysql://localhost:8080/teh but I got
the error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I'm very new to using mysql
database and servlet. Can you please explain to me how to create the database name and its
fields? Should I install any driver? How can it be done? Please help. Thank you.

>   Yours Sincerely,
>   TEH
>
> Foo Shyn <fooshyn@optegra.com.my> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> yyyy would be ur database port, xxx will be ur database name
>
> HTH
> FooShyn
>
> Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to access mysql database from a servlet but I'm not sure what to initialize
for the String connectionURL marked as "jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx" in the program below.
I got this program from the internet which I would like to run in my computer. Can anyone
please explain to me what the parameters "yyyy" and "xxx" should be?