tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Krsmanovic <dejan.krsmano...@gmail.com>
Subject Web application receives request parameters sent to another application on Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 13:43:31 GMT
We have two applications running on the same Tomcat instance. These two
applications are used by completely different people and one of them has
much higher traffic than another one.
Recently we have upgraded to Tomcat 6.10 and start experiencing strange
behavior. After a lot of debugging, we have noticed that the first
application sometimes receives request parameters sent to second
application. Parameters are mixed-up, that is, request.getParameterMap()
returns parameters from both applications. This is not happening all the
time (probably because one of these applications is used rarely), but we
had this situation several times a day.
After some time we have decided to return back to Tomcat 5.5.x and the
problems stopped.

What can be reason for such problems? Is it possible that Tomcat re-uses
some objects internally without clearing them up?

Regards,
Dejan