tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: subdomain name redirect to different context path
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 21:53:20 GMT
Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> On 5/26/07, Ran <ran256@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to point 'forums.mysite.com' to 'www.mysite.com:8080/forums'
>> How could I do that with tomcat conf ? or I need to match the
>> requested url
>> in a redirect servlet ? or is it even a DNS zone file question ?
>
> You could write a redirect javax.servlet.Filter
>
>> Thanks,
>> ran

forums.mysite.com = forums.mysite.com:80

Configure an HTTP connector to listen on 80, (rather than 8080),
then configure a virtualhost for 'forums.mysite.com', all of which is
assuming you've got a DNS record for this subdomain that points to your
server.

You then need to deploy the 'forums' web application as the ROOT*
context to make it work without a subdirectory.

* Case is important, lookup the docs.