tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: invalid reference to login form
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 08:50:21 GMT
Propes, Barry L wrote:
> on that note, it's also showing "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect."
>
> My web.xml is correct and I haven't changed it recently.
>
> I'm almost thinking that the Tomcat server could use a restart, but hopefully that's
all there is to it.

by logging in appropriately through the form. However, another file in the same directory
gives them this error -
> "Invalid Direct reference to Form Login page."

We see that occasionally, I think it's after someone has left the login
form open for close to the session expiry period, but we are unable to
replicate it accurately.

Which Tomcat version are you using?

We've also seen a variety of issues when using AJAX components that
attempt to submit requests after a session has timed out, including
replacement of the original request* (resulting in post-auth redirects
to AJAX script urls) and the popular IDR...

* Not a technical issue so much as something we forgot to factor.