tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why is apache serving source for .jsp files?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 02:59:23 GMT
Jessica Johnson wrote:
> If anyone can give me a hand, it would be much appreciated.

I haven't checked the site you referenced in detail but I did notice
the following:
1. Configuring contexts in server.xml
This is possible but not recommended since you need to restart Tomcat
if you make a change.
2. Having httpd and Tomcat serving files from the same directory
structure is dangerous. Unless you are very careful you are opening
yourself up to source code disclosure problems. Unless 1) you really
need to do this and 2) you really know exactly what you are doing I
would keep the httpd installation and the Tomcat installation
completely separate.
3. The instructions are part JK, part JK2. The references to JK2 files
names etc need to be changed to the JK ones.

I would suggest the following references:
httpd installation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html

Tomcat installation
1. Download the 5.5.x zip from