tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: AW: Tomcat-Question: Inefficient searching for jsp-files?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 23:47:27 GMT
I don't think tomcat(explicitly) is doing this. It could be any of the
1) When the file is found a full path check is done to prevent sneaky
people from trying ../../ tricks - so I you might see the JVM and how it
implments File.getAbsolutePath) on a file
2) It could be IIS doing the checks and not tomcat
3) It could be the IIS jk plugin - but I'm not sure about that possibility.
4) ???

My vote is for #1

Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade) wrote:
> Hi,
> my contect-configuratation looks like:
> <Context docBase="D:\inetpub\wwwroot\tyres4trade" path=""
>  privileged="true"  workdir="...." reloadable="fals" />
> when i request e.g. test.jsp from browser my file-monitor show
> the following harddisc-accesses:
> d:\
> d:\inetpub
> d:\inetpub\wwwroot
> d:\inetpub\wwwroot\tyres4trade
> d:\inetpub\wwwroot\tyres4trade\test.jsp
> d:\inetpub\wwwroot\tyres4trade\localhost\test.jsp (not found)
> <tomcat-root>\tomcat 5.5\work\org\apache\jsp\test_jsp.class
> i ask myself why does tomcat start to search from d:\ instead of docBase?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message