tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: AW: Tomcat-Question: Inefficient searching for jsp-files?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 23:47:27 GMT
I don't think tomcat(explicitly) is doing this. It could be any of the
following:
1) When the file is found a full path check is done to prevent sneaky
people from trying ../../ tricks - so I you might see the JVM and how it
implments File.getAbsolutePath) on a file
2) It could be IIS doing the checks and not tomcat
3) It could be the IIS jk plugin - but I'm not sure about that possibility.
4) ???

My vote is for #1

-Tim