tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Session IDs & XMLHttpRequests
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 20:14:55 GMT

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> I can say with 100% certainty that a servlet invoked with XMLHttpRequest
> **DOES** have the same access to server-side objects as a non-AJAX
> request.  I say this based on two applications in production that do this
> all day long, one Struts-based, one not.  I also say it based on a number
> of other applications, some using other frameworks, some using plain
> servlets, all that do this as well, with no problems.

When using the Dojo toolkit with Tomcat 5.5, I noted that the session id
was being sent transparently.  This was critical for us because users
login and so it's important that each request be associated with their
respective sessions, and it worked like that out of the box.  Again,
just one experience that this can work under Tomcat just fine.

David