tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: Tomcat as a deoman
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 11:04:28 GMT
Easy --

1. Download tomcat 5.0 and install.  Get it working usng the standard
start/stop scripts.  I highly recommend using us to go in as the tomcat
user and making sure it works under those credentials.

2. Download commons-daemon.  If you can find binaries for REHL4, go for
it.  Otherwise you may have to build it -- as I remember it's very easy.

3. Customize the sample start/stop script and place where all the others
are (my Mandrake system has them in /etc/init.d)

4. Place a sym link to the init script in the requisite /etc/rc#.d
folder for starting on that run level.

Prashant Thakkar wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to know how i can run tomcat5.0 as a deoman on REHL4.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message