tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <>
Subject Re: Tomcat5.5 is not starting on CENTOS 4
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 14:15:46 GMT
reym wrote:

> else. However when I try to start Tomcat, using this command:
> I only get as far as this (this is what is shown in PUTTY):
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/latest

That's what is to be expected.

> And no further... What am i doing wrong???

Propably nothing. Check whether Tomcat is running (using ps or similar)
and listening to the configured ports (using, for example, netstat).
Also check the logfiles in $CATALINA_HOME/logs.

If, for testing purposes, you'd like to have Tomcat's messages printed
to stdout, start it using

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: