tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Remote EJB calls from Tomcat 5 to Weblogic 8.1 appear to be slower than from Weblogic 8.1 as a web server
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 11:17:33 GMT
With weblogic  - EJB calls were done in the same JVM. With Tomcat  - all
the EJB calls occur outsite Tomcat's JVM and in weblogic's JVM. This is
a BIIIIG performance penalty. (But allows for scalability). You should
notice the same performance suckage if you ran 2 copies of weblogic
where one of the weblogics was acting only as a servlet container and
the other as an EJB container.

-Tim