tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: NioEndpoint closes connection upon timeout
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 12:27:55 GMT
Reich, Matthias wrote:

> [...]
yes, I agree, I made the modification to the NIO connector to handle it
the same way as APR.
basically, the connection stays open, and if Keep Alive is turned on,
you can reuse it for another HTTP request.
This means that it is now the developers responsibility to notify the
client that the connection is no longer a "comet" connection.
My personal preference is that TIMEOUT is an error and should close the
connection, but for the sake of consistency, both connectors should now
behave in the same manner.

Filip